1. This records page is for the 'Hard' difficulty setting only.
Some levels can not be solved in a completely "clean" way. For these levels, the bridges which meet most "cleanness" conditions are considered "clean". Everything less "clean" is considered "dirty".
2. The list is divided into two categories:
- "Clean": The bridges have to be as realistic as possible, i.e.:
- The bridge has to stay undamaged (0 broken links) after the train passes, regardless of train delay
- The bridge only may have contact with the ground at the anchor points (except on levels that can't be solved otherwise, on those minimal ground contact is allowed, only above the rail level, if possible
- The bridge may not need to stop swinging at the beginning; it works if the train is started immediately (Pause, Reset, Run Train, Unpause) as well as with any amount of delay
- The bridge may not have any gaps (the train has to stay on the rail tracks all the time)
- The train may not touch the water
- The beams may not penetrate the terrain in edit mode
- "Dirty": No restrictions, the only condition is: the "Next Level" message has to pop up!
3. Exploiting game bugs to reduce bridge cost is not allowed.
4. A "clean" bridge is obviously better than a "dirty" one. Thus, only bridges that are cheaper than the best "clean" bridge are listed in the "dirty" category.
5. For each level, the three cheapest bridges are listed. As an exception, sometimes several bridges can be ranked the same, if they are added on the same update and/or are substantially different.
6. This page is about the cheapest bridges, not the best-looking/funniest/stupidest ones. Such bridges can be found in the Bridges section.
7. A new bridge that isn't cheaper than the current record for the given level won't make it to the list (everyone can look at a bridge and then build a more expensive one) unless it is substantially different than all the other ones. Here, I try to be as fair as possible. So make sure your bridge really should be on the list before submitting it.
8. IMPORTANT: If you modified someone else's bridge instead of building a new one from scratch, please mention this in your e-mail.